Deadly Harvest is a physics based zombie sandbox game that started as a prototype for testing ‘zombie physics’.
The small prototype will be developed into a fully playable survival experience complete with hunger, thirst, stamina, breakable weapons and more to be revealed as the game progresses.
The main Features of Deadly Harvest include:
- hilarious physics based combat.
- sandbox: an open world in which you can play around with the elements.
- survival: thirst, hunger, stamina and more.
- day/night cycle that affects game-play.
These I think are essential to an Open world zombie game.
As a physics based sandbox game – Deadly Harvest – will feature a lot of cool physics based mechanics. The most obvious of these is the interaction with the zombies. More will be included and even more added after initial release.
- machines – built out of junk parts,
- farm vehicles – need gas,
- breakable weapons / tools and a repair mechanic,
- buildings that can be boarded up and provide temporary shelter.
Deadly Harvest will be a mix of physics based absurd fun during the day and survival horror during the night. It will most likely be possible to chose to play day, night or day/night cycle.
Another feature I want to invest in heavily is game session customization. So at one point you will be able to setup parameters and step into a world of your choosing. These would then be saved in a text file for easy sharing.